Chise, known as ちせ, is a South Korean YouTuber and TikTok sensation. Her real name is Kim Ye-rin, and she was born on January 12, 1999, making her currently 24 years old. Chise hails from Seoul, South Korea, and holds South Korean nationality. She stands at a height of 157 cm and weighs 44 kg, with blood type AB. Chise’s family consists of her parents.
Chise rose to fame in 2016 as a Facebook star, amassing a following of 330,000 on Instagram and 970,000 on TikTok. She is known for her cute appearance, plump cheeks, and her proficiency in Japanese, which has attracted fans both in South Korea and Japan. In 2019, Chise started her YouTube journey and now has 140,000 subscribers. She is renowned for her unique way of speaking and popular catchphrases, including the endearing ‘I said~.’
|Real Name||Kim Ye-rin|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1999|
|Age||24 years old|
|Birthplace||Seoul, South Korea|
|Notable Features||Cute appearance, plump cheeks, proficiency in Japanese|
|YouTube Career Start Date||October 23, 2019|
|Notable YouTube Videos||Daily makeup, school uniform coordination, hanbok and makeup, brand makeup, and more|
|TikTok Career Start Date||May 29, 2019|
|Appearances||“Jamster’s Please Give Me These Clothes EP.05,” Win L’s “Bye Bye Bye” music video, modeling for Byun Seung-ju’s show|
|Hobbies||Playing acoustic guitar, longboarding, conversational Japanese|
|Languages||Proficient in Japanese|
|Fan Service||Known for continuous communication and good fan service|
|Food Preferences||Gyukatsu, raspberries, French fries, Volcano Boneless chicken with rice tteokbokki, malatang|
|Fashion Crew||Member of Ruddy Chicks|
|Ending Song||‘Chise Song’|
|Ideal Type||Someone white and soft who can express emotions clearly|
|Nickname Evolution||“Mongle-Mongle” -> “Mongdu” -> “Mul-Mongdu” -> “Chichu”|
|Chinese Characters||Signify a person with great talent and clarity|
Chise embarked on her YouTube career on October 23, 2019, covering various topics such as makeup tutorials and daily routines. Notable videos from 2019 include daily makeup and school uniform coordination. In 2020, her content expanded to include topics like hanbok and makeup, brand makeup, and more.
She began her TikTok journey on May 29, 2019, although specific content details for 2019 and 2020 are not provided.
More About Chise
Chise has made appearances in various shows and music videos, including “Jamster’s Please Give Me These Clothes EP.05” and Win L’s “Bye Bye Bye” music video. She has also modeled for a goods shoot for Byun Seung-ju’s show.
In her leisure time, Chise enjoys playing the acoustic guitar and longboarding, with conversational Japanese as her specialty. She demonstrates excellent Japanese language skills and is known for her continuous communication and excellent fan service. Interestingly, she doesn’t have any pets.
Chise has preferences for lungs over liver, and her favorite webtoons and cartoons include “Love Revolution,” “Crayon Shin-chan,” and “Haikyuu.” She also enjoys playing games like Tales Runner and Among Us with her fans. Although she considered a name change at some point, she ultimately decided to keep her name intact.
Notably, Chise has a background as a Facebook star and frequently shares photos and videos taken at the recchikic studio. Her favorite foods include Gyukatsu, raspberries, and French fries, and she prefers Volcano Boneless chicken with rice tteokbokki. She is a fan of malatang and is a member of the fashion crew known as Ruddy Chicks. The ending song associated with Chise is the ‘Chise Song.’
Chise values clear communication and dislikes exercise, although she acknowledges its importance. She has a liking for white shoes with round toes. Her Chinese characters in her name signify a person with great talent and clarity, and she shares a close friendship with Seungyeon Joo while having a penchant for malatang. Her ideal type is someone white and soft who can express emotions clearly.
Here are some additional key facts about Chise:
- Chise attended school alongside 1999-born students due to not applying for early admission.
- She is an only child raised by a single mother.
- Chise’s fans affectionately gave her the nickname “Mongle-Mongle,” which later evolved into “Mongdu” and then “Mul-Mongdu.” Initially, it started as a playful name, but fans desired an official fan name, leading to the change to “Chichu.”
- The name “Chichu” combines the “Chi” from Chise and the “Chu” from her Instagram ID, @peach_chu_.
- In Japan, Chise’s fans are called “Chichumin” (ちちゅ民).
- During her high school days, Chise acquired a nickname from her male friend due to frequently spilling things.
- Chise revealed that she studied Japanese at a language academy for a year and a half.
- When Chise goes live on Instagram, the chat overwhelmingly consists of Japanese messages.
- Chise appeared in videos on the YouTube channels of Jinjareem and Woojunging, but she did not upload any videos to her own channel, possibly due to limited content.
- Chise shared photos of playing Among Us with fans on her Instagram daily account.
- Chise mentioned on her blog that her ideal type is Gong Joo-young.
- She typically stays awake from 10 PM until dawn.
- Chise expressed gratitude to those who supported her during her vulnerable moments and helped her through tough times, allowing her to become the person she is at 20, 21, and 22 years old.
- Despite initially wanting to change her name, Chise now believes it was a good decision not to do so, keeping her name intact.
- Fans describe her as a legend of the 16th season.
- Chise enjoys shooting videos at Snapdock, a studio.
- Among various food choices, Chise expressed a preference for McDonald’s french fries.
You can follow Chise on her various social media profiles:
Q1: When did Chise start her YouTube career?
A1: Chise began her YouTube career on October 23, 2019, covering a variety of topics, including makeup tutorials and daily routines.
Q2: What are Chise’s favorite foods?
A2: Chise’s favorite foods include Gyukatsu, raspberries, French fries, Volcano Boneless chicken with rice tteokbokki, and malatang.
Q3: What is the significance of the Chinese characters in Chise’s name?
A3: The Chinese characters in Chise’s name signify a person with great talent and clarity.
Q4: Does Chise have any pets?
A4: No, Chise does not have any pets.
Q5: What is Chise’s ideal type?
A5: Chise’s ideal type is someone white and soft who can express emotions clearly.